New, improved, recycling service from your home
These new web pages will explain how to recycle from 30 September,
If you are experiencing any difficulties please visit our updates page which includes a number of on-line forms.
For some years now, residents have been asking us to collect more materials for recycling from home, so from 30 September this year, we introduced new collections as below.
- Separate Food Waste
- Glass, Plastics, & Cans
- Paper and Card / Cardboard
- Textiles, Batteries and small electrical items (WEEE)
- Opt-In chargeable fortnightly garden waste collections in new brown bin.
- If you ordered your garden waste bin before 2 August, you should have now received it and started your garden waste collections. If you have not received your brown bin yet, many apologies - please complete the online report form.
- If you ordered your garden waste bin between 3 August and 29 September, your garden waste bin will be delivered by the end of October ready for your service start date of 1 November.
- If you ordered your garden waste bin after 29 September, your garden waste bin will be delivered by the end of November ready for your service start date of 1 December.
Promotions to date
We have publicised this information in a number of ways and more information will follow during the summer.
- A promotional booklet was distributed to all homes in the borough by Urbaser in late February.
- A second leaflet was distributed with your Council Tax bill.
- We held a number of roadshows where you could talk to the team about the changes.
- We posted an information leaflet with your calendar to all households in September.
Bins for the new service
Please click on the image below for more information.