Improved recycling services from your home
These web pages will explain how to recycle using the bins provided.
If you are experiencing any difficulties please visit our updates page which includes a number of on-line forms.
For some years now, residents had been asking us to collect more materials for recycling from home, so from 30 September 2019, we introduced new collections as below.
- Separate Food Waste
- Glass, Plastics, & Cans
- Paper and Card / Cardboard
- Textiles, Batteries and small electrical items (WEEE)
- Opt-In chargeable fortnightly garden waste collections in new brown bin.
- If you ordered your garden waste bin up to the 20th January 2020, should have now received it. If you have not received your brown bin yet, many apologies - please complete the online report form.
If you ordered your garden bin from 21st January 2020 it will be delivered by the end of February for a service start date from 2nd March 2020.
Promotions to date
We have publicised this information in a number of ways and more information will follow during the summer.
- A promotional booklet was distributed to all homes in the borough by Urbaser in late February.
- A second leaflet was distributed with your Council Tax bill.
- We held a number of roadshows where you could talk to the team about the changes.
- We posted an information leaflet with your calendar to all households in September.
Bins for the new service
Please click on the image below for more information.