Green Box - paper and card
From 30 September you can use your existing green box for collecting paper and card / cardboard.
Your green box for recycling paper, card / cardboard can be presented fortnightly with your green-lidded bin.
Green Box - yes please
- Newspapers (and their inserts such as flyers and leaflets)
- Magazines, brochures and catalogues
- Telephone directories (white and yellow)
- White office paper (letters and computer paper)
- Paper receipts
- Brown paper / card
- Leaflets, flyers, posters
- Gift wrap
- Greetings cards
- Cardboard boxes (flatten and removed tape where possible)
- Cereal boxes / shoe boxes
- Egg boxes
- Corrugated cardboard (remove tape and packing materials)
- Larger cardboard boxes can be flattened and placed alongside your green box and green-lidded bin on collection day.
No thanks (not for green box)
- Cans / aluminum foil / aerosols (place in green-lidded bin)
- Plastics (place in green-lidded bin)
- Food and drinks cartons (place in green-lidded bin)
- Jiffy bags (they contain a plastic film lining so if you cant re-use them place in your black bin)
- Cards with glitter / plastics attached (place in your place in black bin)
- Shiny foil-style wrapping paper (place in your place in black bin)
- Wallpaper (place in your place in black bin)
- Hygiene / sanitary products (place in your place in black bin)
- Used tissues and paper towels (place in your place in black bin)
- Cotton wool / wet wipes (place in your place in black bin)
- Polystyrene (place in your place in black bin)
- Anything which is not paper or card based
The paper and card collected in your green box is taken to a local paper mill for reprocessing. Please keep items loose and do not use plastic bags. You could place your orange and black food caddy on top of your green box to help secure your paper and card on collection day.
If you would like to order a green box we can arrange to have it delivered.