Green Box - paper and card
Please use your green box for collecting paper and card / cardboard.
Your green box for recycling paper, card / cardboard can be presented fortnightly with your green-lidded bin.
Green Box - yes please
- Newspapers (and their inserts such as flyers and leaflets)
- Magazines, brochures and catalogues
- Telephone directories (white and yellow)
- White office paper (letters and computer paper)
- Paper receipts
- Brown paper / card
- Leaflets, flyers, posters
- Gift wrap
- Greetings cards
- Cardboard boxes (flatten and removed tape where possible)
- Cereal boxes / shoe boxes
- Egg boxes
- Corrugated cardboard (remove tape and packing materials)
- Larger cardboard boxes can be flattened and placed alongside your green box and green-lidded bin on collection day. A cardboard box can also be used to present any extra card/paper for collection.
No thanks (not for green box)
- Cans / aluminum foil / aerosols (place in green-lidded bin)
- Plastics (place in green-lidded bin)
- Food and drinks cartons (Tetra Pak) (place in black bin)
- Jiffy bags (they contain a plastic film lining so if you cant re-use them place in your black bin)
- Cards with glitter / plastics attached (place in your place in black bin)
- Shiny foil-style wrapping paper (place in your place in black bin)
- Wallpaper (place in your place in black bin)
- Hygiene / sanitary products (place in your place in black bin)
- Used tissues and paper towels (place in your place in black bin)
- Cotton wool / wet wipes (place in your place in black bin)
- Polystyrene (place in your place in black bin)
- Anything which is not paper or card
- Please note: there are a number of bio products being used in packaging such as newspaper wrapping and disposable cups, that say they can be recycled. These may be suitable for home composting but we cannot collect them as the processing plants cannot accept them and the collection crews will not be able to identify them as recyclable items.
The paper and card collected in your green box is taken to a local paper mill for reprocessing. Please keep items loose and do not use plastic bags.
You could place your orange and black food caddy on top of your green box to help secure your paper and card on collection day.
If you would like to order a green box we can arrange to have it delivered. If you need more capacity you can order up to two extra boxes.